Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Memories . . .


For the first time in seven years, my family made the 7 hour drive to spend two days in Missouri to see family. We had a great time. It was nice seeing how everyone has grown (all my cousins, that is). We all gathered at my Aunt Joan's . . . I mean 46 people in all. We hung out and had a great meal and a great time visiting and catching up with each other.

This is an awesome picture of me and all my cousins all grown-up with our grandparents (aren't they a cute couple). Several of us are married and three of us have children . . . which means my grandparents have eight great-grandchildren.
The trip was jam packed with family . . . the evening we arrived, we visited with my dad's family. It was nice to see them and we shout out a huge thanks for having us over. Then the next day, we had a small Christmas celebration in my mom and dad's hotel room.


This is my brother and his wife, Matt & T.J. and then my sister, Tiffany, and Cassie our oldest daughter. Everyone was waiting as the presents were being passed out.
This is my dad and our youngest daughter Mackenzie. Of course, my mom is always behind the camera too, so my husband took a picture of her taking pictures as everyone opened their gifts.
After two short days full of excitement we headed home. I think we were all sad to have to go, but we had a great time. It was great to see family after such a long time. Maybe it won't be so long next time before we make it "home" to Missouri.

No comments: