Thursday, February 5, 2009

Where's the week gone?

Boy time flies when you're having fun . . . and you want to stay warm. We decided to go shopping today, and while we were driving to Sam's Club I asked Cassie if this was the first time we had been out since Sunday night (we went to family's to watch the Super Bowl). After deep contemplation, we decided we had not left the house since we came home Sunday night. My oh my, what have we done for three days without stepping out of the house and without causing us to lose our sanity?

We have accomplished the usual suspects . . . school, cleaning, more school, laundry, oh yeah and more school. But, it's hard to believe we haven't ventured out anywhere -- we always have to go somewhere. We did need to go and buy shoes; however, I did decide Monday night that the Internet and Payless.com could help us accomplish that task.
So, really what have we occupied our time with? Let's see . . .

* We've watched the birds at our feeder,


Aren't they a beautiful couple?



He's pretty, too. The bird, but . . .
* But this little guy, Odie, is HANDSOME and we love entertaining him,


* The kids decided to display their artistic abilities and paint some portraits,



* Oh yeah, we did torment the dog, poor Chloe. We wanted to see if she looked better as Miley or,


Hannah Montana. What do you think?



* We got to watch a precious sleeping baby,

* The kids did paint some more . . . I think we are fulfilling our arts requirements between the instruments and the painting.



Nice job on all your creative pieces of art!!
I think what has really kept Zack and Mackenzie busy is their playhouse. It took over the living room, so I told them they needed to downsize or put it away and rebuild after Friday night. Well, they asked if they could just move it. So they did, and now it has taken over Mackenzie's room. I guess they plan on sleeping in there the next couple of nights.
They gave me a tour . . .





they have a house guest right now, as Chloe is visiting.


The overall living space is quite adequate for an 11 and 8 year old and a 125# Saint Bernard. They have ingeniously lit it up the place with the light sabers from the Wii, a lighthouse nightlight, book lights, and torches made from flashlights and construction paper.

Here they are having a pop at their dining table.
Well, I'm glad they found ways to occupy their time. I actually had the opportunity to continue reading my book, The Shack, and I'm almost done. I have to say, it's been a very enjoyable week. Not too busy.
Now the weekend craziness happens . . .

No comments: