Saturday, July 11, 2009

A fun cake . . .

Our dear friend, who also happens to be our mail lady, asked me to make a birthday cake for her granddaughter's first birthday.

They sent out the cutest invitations that had a bunny holding a carrot on it and it read, on the outside - "Something to Sprout About" and then on the inside - Hip Hop Hooray, It's My 1st Birthday!" So I said I could make a bunny cake, but the mommy had requested a carrot shaped cake.

So, this was my attempt to make a carrot shaped cake. I used the Christmas tree pan and made a two-layered vanilla cake with a vanilla mousse filling. I also used the mini Christmas tree pan to make smaller individual cakes. Which I was originally going to use the smaller trees to make a small carrot smash cake, but they were smaller than I wanted. So I ended up making a small 6" round vanilla cake with a bunny on top and wrote "Hoppy 1st Birthday!". It turned out cute. I just need to practice on placement of the writing.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job!! Yummy loking too! Love, Mom