Friday, January 27, 2012

Dinner Diva

Mackenzie L.O.V.E.S. being in the kitchen.  She has her own skillet, small egg pan, and small flat griddle pan, which come in handy when she makes her own breakfast or fixes a midday or even a late night snack.  She makes great pancakes and egg sandwiches.:)  When she wants something sweet . . . she will bake too – brownies are her specialty.

I am amazed at her eagerness to cook for herself and others.  As long as I can remember she has always enjoyed helping Grandma Karen bake.  Then over the last year, she has become very independent in making her own breakfast and lunch. 

She is the only one of the kids that liked the idea of helping at least once a month to help cook dinner.  She has been flipping through the various cookbooks to find recipes to try. 

DSCF3179

So, she found some noodle Italian dish for a dinner last week.  We actually didn’t have to start from scratch with the recipe because we already had homemade sauce to use.  :)  She is looking forward to her spring cooking class she will be taking at one of our co-ops.

I love being in the kitchen with her!  But I marvel at what she can do in the kitchen at her young age! :)

1 comment:

Tiff said...

I swear Kenz is a little mini-me!! The girl loves the same things I do ... crafting and cooking/baking!! Love that girl! :)