Saturday, March 21, 2009

More info on Jay's Call Process



This map shows how the synod Jay has been assigned to, Western North Dakota, is broken down into seven conferences. This synod has 192 (or 197) congregations and 73,018 members. Jay actually had an informative conversation yesterday with the bishop.

If you remember, I had mentioned before that we would like to get closer to my family. My family lives in Iowa, but you cross the river and you are in Nebraska. One of the congregations that Jay's information is being presented to is in the upper most northern part of the Upper Missouri region (that's the pink one) . . . again could we get any further from my family? Come on.

We all are beginning to adjust to the different resources that will be available to us in the great state of ND. Apparently, there is only one Sam's Club in that whole area of western ND and it is located in Bismarck. There is a Target store in Minot and Bismarck, a couple of Wal-Marts in Minot and Bismarck, a Kohl's in Bismarck, Barnes & Noble in Minot and Bismarck, Payless in Minot and Bismarck, and Jo-Ann craft store in Minot & Bismarck. Oh yeah, and there is a Starbucks in Minot and Bismarck -- Cassie loves Starbucks and she keeps talking about getting a job there. I already do my share of online shopping, so that doesn't bother me, but I do like to get out and shop sales without paying shipping and handling.

Oh yeah, I hope we live somewhere where if I need to find a part-time evening job I will be able to. And then Cassie will be of working age, so she will need to find a job to help her save money for her upcoming car, she's less than two years away from driving.

I have had an opportunity to communicate with homeschoolers in ND, and the research I've done shows there are resources and support in Minot and Bismarck. We have been reading tidbits about ND and books I have ordered for our ND state study started arriving this past week.

I know we will be together as a family wherever we end up in ND, and that is the most important thing. But, yes there's a but, I hope we are close enough to things to do things with the kids and close enough to things to have the resources we need to be financially and educationally fit.

No comments: