Tuesday, September 8, 2009

One Truck loaded . . .

Yesterday was busy. We were up and trying to pack more before the truck and helpers arrived. I even ran errands before it finally got here. I got a lot accomplished, in only an hour . . . I had a hitch put on my van, went to AAA to pick up the TripTik for the move, got copies of the kids' immunization records (have to have those for notification to home educate), transferred our storage unit from my name to my father-in-law's name, and then picked up the bulletins and the processional cross for Jay's ordination.

The truck finally arrived a little before noon. So we ate our subs and then the work began.

Jay had promised the kids they could run around in the empty trailer. So they did.
Jay and Marty started loading and then asked me what I thought could go somewhere. Well, before they knew it I was suggesting a reload of the first few items so we could use the space more wisely. They complied (flipping the hide a sofa onto the other part of the sectional) in hopes if we used the space wisely then we'd get all our stuff on one truck - yeah right . . . one truck.

This is about the time we realized it wasn't going to fit on ONE truck.
Trying to squeeze as much on as possible so we don't use as many feet on the second truck.
These guys had a heck of a time putting in the bulk head, but they succeeded . . .
A huge THANKS to Marty, Mike, and Beth from Cosi. They came over and helped - they were a huge help considering I can not pick up anything because of my back. I felt bad since I wasn't helping, but I even had a chiro appointment today and made mention of picking things up and he politely discouraged it. Also, want to thank Jay's bro and parents for taking time off of work to help out too.
The kids' rooms are empty except for just a tote of things that they'll use between now and the time the truck arrives in Bismarck.
Chloe finally got her spot back.
See why we still need another truck . . .
This is what is left still in the garage. Then inside the house we still have the 7 ft. farm dining farm table, a file cabinet, our head board, and then a few more totes. Then we still have our 7.5 ft. air hockey table and our Queen mattress set in storage that we have to get. Jay and I are hoping to be able to get the rest of our possessions on about 10 ft. of the second truck.
The kids decided to have some fun . . .
Cassie amazes me on the wave board already, but to be able to bend and still maneuver that two-wheeler under the truck was just fun to watch. Must be nice to be young and flexible.

No comments: