Monday, September 28, 2009

The Place we call ‘Home’

Well, we were very fortunate to find a place to rent, and especially this place. We never saw the house until the night we arrived. We had no idea what it looked like on the outside or really on the inside. We had seen a few pictures, but our first true view was the night we arrived. We were excited when we saw the house. It was well kept on the outside and the inside was clean and updated.
All we knew before we arrived was the fact that it was a 3 bedroom with a walkout basement. We were also told there was only one bathroom – which caused much anxiety. Well, when we arrived, Jay & the kids took a quick tour of the house and I didn't make it past the kitchen. So after about 30 minutes, Jay asked if I had seen the rest of the house. "No," I said and he told me to check it out.
The kids lead the way.
"This is my room," said Zack.
Mackenzie showed me her room and the hall bathroom.
"Here's your room," said Mackenzie as Zack kicks open a door within the room . . . "AND here is your bathroom!" he said with a big grin.
I was speechless, just momentarily. "A bathroom . . . my bathroom?" Then within the borders of my room, I did the bathroom dance, twirling around in circles singing 'I got a bathroom, I got a bathroom!!' in the middle of the room. I was so excited. No one seemed to know there was/is a bathroom in the master bedroom. Too bad there wasn't a fourth bedroom hiding somewhere too.
Anyway, we have gotten pretty settled. Here is a picture tour of our new home . . .



This is the infamous master bath; I forgot to take a picture of the hall bath which is decorated in Coca-Cola.
Zack's room . . .



Mackenzie's room . . .


Cassie has set up her room in the corner of the basement that will eventually be her room.


We have worked very hard to get things into place. It's hard to believe our stuff arrived only 11 days ago.

1 comment:

Laura said...

So glad to see you all are getting settled! Your view is fantastic...breath-taking! And horses! How lucky! Enjoy :)