Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Crocheting Stoles for Jay



The girls, well actually all of us except Jay, have just recently learned how to crochet. While driving out to ND in Sept., we stopped at my mom's in IA and she and my sister taught us how to crochet. The girls have really taken to it and have made so many different things. Mackenzie has made scarves for herself and then bookmarks and coasters for her penpals and friends back in OH. Cassie has made several scarves for herself and her friends, too. I have only made one scarf - I've been busy reading Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol.

Well, for his ordination, Jay's family got him three stoles and our home congregation got him one for the seasons of the church. They are nice, but the girls and I thought it would be nice if he had a variety of stoles - more than one blue, more than one green (which I believe is worn the most), and more than one red - so we decided to crochet a green and a blue. You know they're just BIG scarves.

So we bought some yarn from Hobby Lobby and the girls & I have been working hard on them. We hope to finish the blue one by Nov. 29th when Advent starts so he can wear it. Maybe we can learn a new stitch or something before we make the purple and red ones.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the idea about the stoles is great!! You all are doing so good! Mom