Saturday, November 14, 2009

Our new pantry . . .

Well, we haven't had a central place to put our food. We shop and buy most of our can and boxed food in bulk from Sam's Club. I have one lazy Susan in the kitchen to house cans and jar food and then an armoire in the living room that houses snacks and boxed food, but no place to go with the overflow. So some of it was in the garage, on top of the frig in the basement, or on the floor of the basement wherever we could find space.



In preparation of the basement being framed, we moved all the food, cookware, crock pots, and other kitchen items to a central location (on top of the air hockey table) till the pantry could be completed.



Once the pantry was finished we got to stock it up. Earlier in the day, my mother-in-law and I went to Sam's Club and I found some awesome shelves to use in the pantry.



We started an assembly line from the table to the inside of the pantry so we could all work together to get things in their new home.





YEAH!! Everything has a HOME!! I actually got to unpack four more kitchen boxes. Now when I need something all I have to do is send the kids downstairs to the pantry and they should be able to find it with ease.

No comments: