Monday, November 23, 2009

Smores Saturday . . .

Okay, we don't wait till Saturday to have Smores, I just thought about taking pictures and posting or Smores snack time. The kids (and I) LOVE Smores, especially the roasted marshmallow part!! We've had this little kit thing forever, but I have never replaced the Sterno fuel until now. So, we are having Smores quite a bit - it's even been our 3:30 afternoon snack - I know that's not a healthy snack, but sometimes we just have to indulge!!






Now there are those time I do worry about the flaming marshmallow. Cassie loves her roasted marshmallows BURNT. As you can see from Mackenzie leaning as far away as possible, Cassie had a really good burn going on. I had to explain to her that the flaming marshmallow is NOT good in the house because if she were to accidentally fling it the carpet or curtains could catch on fire!!



YUM . . .



Well, we will continue to roast our marshmallows inside until it is warm enough to enough an outdoor bonfire.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my Gosh, I love Smores to. We had them at girl scout functions since I was in GS. I agree with with Cassie on the burnt. yumm I think that way if you are eating them just by themselves you can roast the centers and have 2 I will have to have one soon. yumm

Laura said...

oooo so much fun! And yummy!