Friday, February 5, 2010

TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK . . .


Metrodome?  Metronome?  Ticky Thingy?

The girls have been in need of one of these thingys.  So, the other day, Cassie and I were coming home from Mandan and we were near Eckroth Music so we went over to get a couple of things. 

As we were walking in, I told Cassie, "I need to get a polishing cloth for Mackenzie's violin and the metrodome." 

She quickly corrected me and said, "It's a metronome. I think."

"Well," I said, "metrodome, metronome.  I don't care.  I just need one of those 'tick tick tick thingys," as I am swishing my index finger from side to side.

You see we have one of those old-school metronomes, but it just doesn't work quite as well as the new and improved digital ones.  The thing putters out before Mackenzie is done with her song, and it is hard to set at the right speed.?  Anyway.  Shall I continue with our entrance into Eckroth Music.

"Mom," Cassie pleads with me, "it's a metro-NOME. You know like a giant GNOME. Don't do that when we get in there."

I preceded to tell her, "I'm going to ask for that 'tick tick tick thingy." All the time swishing my index finger side to side.

"Don't you dare," she said.

"Well, if you don't like the way I'm going to ask, then you ask," I told her.

Her response was, "I'm not that social."

Okay, whatever. She's not that social. Give me a break. 

So we got into the store and I walked over to the strings section and picked up a cleaning/polishing cloth for Mackenzie.  There were two ladies (workers) in the area but they were conversing about something.  So, I walked around trying to see if I could find this 'tick, tick, tick thingy" when one approached and asked, "Are you finding everything you're looking for?"

"Actually," I said, "I'm trying to find one of those 'tick tick tick thingys,'" as I'm swishing my index finger.

She smiled and said, "Well, you know they don't do this," swishing her index finger, "anymore."

All I could do was look lovingly at my teenage daughter and smile while she glared at me for doing the 'tick tick tick thingy' with the full swishing finger. 

HE HE HA HA . . .  it's great to have a teen.

So, we did walk out of there with one of the new and improved 'tick tick tick thingys' that is actually 3 in 1.  It is a tuner, a tone generator, and a METRONOME. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They sure look different!! I remember the days when we would go eat someplace and you would have one of us order for you...around that age and I think you would say the same thing!!! Love ya!!!