Friday, September 3, 2010

Finally . . .

Of course we were excited to see all of my family, BUT we were most excited about FINALLY meeting Thomas in person. 

The first night we were in town, my bro & his wifey brought Thomas to the house so we could meet him.  He is just plain cute – even though he looks like a mini Matt (my bro) - and has the biggest eyes I have ever seen on a baby!!

We all took turns holding him and just oohing and awhing over him.  I’ve been an aunt for over ten years on my hubby’s side – known as Aunt Angie, but Thomas is my first opportunity to be an aunt on my side of the family.  Well, the other night when my mom called me Aunt Angela - she rarely if ever has called me Angie - she said Aunt Angela just didn’t ring quite well and then she said Aunt Angie and she thought it sounded better – still weird but flowed better. 

 

DSCF7149

My mom has the privilege of caring for Thomas on a daily basis, which is really awesome while he is so little and fragile.  So we met for lunch the other day and got to spend some more time with Thomas.

DSCF7151

DSCF7153

DSCF7154

DSCF7159

DSCF7161

When we got back to the house, we Skyped with Cassie so she could see him.  Unfortunately it will be a while before she gets to hold him – hopefully he won’t be too big to hold by the time she gets to meet him in person.

DSCF7163

DSCF7222

He’s eleven weeks old now but he still seems so small.

DSCF7223

No comments: