Saturday, September 11, 2010

My Dad & Chloe

My dad’s dad raised/breed Saint Bernard dogs.  So, my dad grew up with them. When I was a kid we had one too; her name was Penny and I would ride her like a pony. When we’d go over to my grandparents’ house we’d interact with the dogs – so having a St. Bernard only makes sense to me. 

She might be a HUGE dog, indoor dog, but she is the most loving dog.  She has a BIG bark which is very intimidating, but she would rather have you rub her belly than anything else!!  Saints are people dogs – want to be with their people – so where ever we are she likes to be right at our feet.  Sometimes she tries to be a lap dog, but I’m sure you can understand why that is not encouraged. 

I am so thankful that my family let us bring her for our visit – she is almost 6 yrs. old and has never been boarded.  This is the second time she has been a guest in my parents’ house and I think everything went well.  At least her tail – that whipping & wagging thing - didn’t break anything!!!  

DSCF7225

My dad got down on the floor with our gentle giant and she made herself comfy.

DSCF7227

Hmmm . . . what cha thinkin’?

Thanks Mom & Dad for letting Chloe visit too. 

No comments: