Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Stitching away . . .

After learning how to cross-stitch in her sewing class, Mackenzie has really enjoyed doing it.  She has made several little things.  So, I thought I would take her to the local cross-stitch shop – my hubby cringes every time I go because of the cost.  I love to cross-stitch, but I get upset at how much it costs to do something I like to do.  I find it very relaxing AFTER I have forked out the bundle to purchase the latest project. 

Anyway,  I was so excited to see how excited she was with her kit. The kit came with the piece of fabric, the pattern, the needed floss, a needle, and the frame – all for $21.

100_2622

100_2623

She spent hours and worked very diligently to get it done.

100_2624

100_2625

100_2669

It only took her a couple of days and she had it done.  Well, she will have to wait a while before she gets her next project.  So, in the mean time we picked up some fabric at the thrift store and she made a couple of little things for her Girl Scout leaders for Valentine’s Day.

No comments: