Monday, April 13, 2009

Cherished Moments

Family is truly a very valuable thing in life. I know I tend to get stressed when family events are planned. I can almost say that I dread the whole "get together" thing because then I start nit picking at everything. Is the house clean enough? Will the kids get too wound up? What food to fix? And the list of things goes on and on!!

But when it is said and done and I go back and think about the events of the day and look at the memories that were captured, I am so thankful that we had that cherished time together.



Jay is such a great father and he adores his niece and nephews as much as his children. He loves making all the kids laugh, but he enjoys sitting with them, too. Little Princess will be two soon and she has not been a big fan of Uncle Jay. So this visit was very special when she would talk to him, bring him things to show, and then finally sat with him. His youngest nephew, Odie, still loves hanging out with his Uncle Jay. Here they are both sitting watching one of those Baby Einstein DVDs with Uncle Jay.



Chloe was so sad that she wasn't getting the attention she normally gets. Everyone was oohhhing and awhhhing over the twins and Odie. So, Chloe decided to see if Grandpa would give her any love.



Princess decided to hang out with Grandpa for a while . . .



. . . then Cassie tried to steal some kisses, but Princess just played with her.

So, to my family . . . Thank you for the memories. I know the time we will have together will be harder to come by once we move to North Dakota, so I am truly thankful for the time we have together before we make our move.

No comments: