Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Air pressure

Science experiment.  Well, as many of you know, we are a homeschool family.  No, we do not stop because it is summer and the other kids are out of school.  We school year-round so when life happens or we do need a break, we can take it.
Well, yesterday during Mackenzie’s science (ABeka) we came across a demonstration for air pressure.  Now this is the third time I have taught this over the years, and Cassie and I tried the experiment when she had it and we could not get it to work.  So, I don’t think I even tried it with Zack.

Anyway, I told Mackenzie we could try it and see what would happen.


zack experiment











mack exp










To our surprise it WORKED!  Yes, it is a very simple demonstration, either I didn’t use the right thickness of cardboard or whatever in the past because this time we had positive results.  We were so very excited about this simple accomplishment. 

No comments: