Monday, June 21, 2010

Movie Night

The other day I thought I would check local movie times and then we could maybe take the kids to see “Toy Story 3.”  Well, in my search I found at our local theatre we could go see a sneak peek of "Knight & Day" knight day

and then catch “The A-Team” ateam all for the price of one movie.  Now, we all have been wanting to see both of these movies – we like action packed entertainment. 

So, Saturday night, the kids, Jay, and I spent over five hours at the theatre.  We wanted to get there early enough so we could actually have a choice where we sat for the whole evening.  The kids packed their Nintendo DS’s so they had something to do while we waited for the first movie and then in between the movies.  Earlier in the day we bought our tickets so we didn’t have to stand in line, we just had to go in and find our seats. 

We took in our own snacks – thank goodness for movie size candy at Wal-Mart and my big purse.  We were still good patrons and bought three pops and one HUGE popcorn.  It just can get way too expensive to buy all the candy, popcorn, and pop along with the price of movie tickets, and because of that we don’t frequent the movies very often.

As for the movies, well we liked them both, but then again like I said we don’t go very often so the veteran movie goer may have a difference of opinion.  Of course, they are both rated PG-13 “The A-Team” for intense sequences of action and violence throughout, language and smoking and “Knight & Day” for sequences of action violence throughout, and brief strong language. 

I have to say, maybe I’m just getting “old” in my age, but I don’t really understand why they have to use a certain word or phrases with that word.  Number one, they didn’t talk like that in the tv series of the A-team, and I realize they would not finish the whole word/phrase but it was implied and does it really make the movie any better???  That word was only used once in “Knight & Day” but again – was it really necessary? 

All in all, they were good movies and the kids enjoyed them too. 

No comments: