Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Carving fun . . .

Well, I still like having carved pumpkins out front to look at, but not all the kids like to partake in the carving.  Apparently Cassie has decided she is too old to participate, and well, Zack just doesn’t like to get his hands dirty.

We already had one pumpkin we had picked up a while back at Schacht Farm -so Mackenzie and I picked up one more the other day at the grocery store.  Which I’m glad I waited because it was only $3.99 and not the advertised $5.99.  I have to admit I was a little shocked at the $8.99 price at Sam’s Club.

So, while Cassie was babysitting at the neighbors, Mackenzie & I gutted our two pumpkins. 

DSCF7907

DSCF7908

Those lovely pumpkin seeds did not get wasted.  I made some roasted pumpkin seeds and Grandma took a few to dry and save for planting in the garden next year. 

DSCF7911

After they were cleaned out, Mackenzie drew a face on hers and began carving.  She did a fine job.

DSCF7912

Later in the evening, Zack came in from hanging out with the neighbor friends and carved while he ate some pumpkin pie.

DSCF7914

DSCF7915

DSCF7916

DSCF7918

Mackenzie’s masterpiece.

DSCF7921

Zack did a very nice job, too on his work of art. 

No comments: