Sunday, October 10, 2010

A shower today

Today my sister-in-law is being showered with gifts at her baby shower. She is expecting her first and it is suppose to be a bouncing baby boy. Congrats!!

Unfortunately, the girls and I are unable to attend – actually we were not asked if we would like to and we just received an ordinary invitation like the average Joe.  Yes, it’s a great distance to California, but I wish I would have been asked so I could have decided for myself if I could or could not go.   Anyway, I haven’t said anything about my feelings being hurt until now.  I guess I’m just use to being included in family affairs even from afar as my family always gives a heads up way before so those who would like to and can make arrangements can travel to be a part of a family celebration. 

Even though we aren’t there, I wanted to make sure she received our gift.  I have come to enjoy making diaper cakes for baby showers, but I don’t just use diapers.  I like to pick up other much needed items – onesies, bibs, sleepers, blankets, baby wash, lotion, powder, diapers – and put together a very simple diaper gift cake.

DSCF7630

Front view.

DSCF7631

DSCF7632 

I packaged this very carefully and marked the box “this way up” a hundred times on each side so it wouldn’t get tipped and jostled in transit.  I shipped it Monday, paid a pretty penny with UPS, and they said it would be delivered by Fri., Oct. 8th.  Perfect, the shower is Sun., Oct. 10th.  Wouldn’t ya know – apparently our presence was not to be at all, physically or by gift, because on the 7th UPS had updated the package progress with this “emergency experience beyond UPS control” and now the package has been rescheduled for delivery on Mon., Oct. 11th.

Even though we are not there to celebrate this exciting time with my SIL, we are still thinking of her on her special day. Hugs & kisses from afar and know we would have loved to have been there with you!!

Congratulations Heather & Wes!!  We are all looking forward to meeting your little one.

No comments: