Saturday, January 3, 2009

Bedtime at our house

Okay, I don't know about you, but I like my sleep. When we put the kids to bed this is typically what we find when we go and check on them . . .
Here we find Zack reading his lighthouse book
that he got for his birthday.


Mackenzie's room is lit by Christmas lights all
over her ceiling. I couldn't sleep either, but she
always finds something to do at bedtime other
than going to sleep. This night I caught her
reading . . . we love it when we catch the kids
reading.

Okay, Cassie has her own room; however, she
loves to sleep in her sister's room (now if they
were sharing a room, all we'd here are complaints).
She loves to read, too when she goes to bed.

Finally, after about half an hour, they were all
asleep. Which is better than some nights. Some
times when I go to bed a couple hours later,
Mackenzie will still be playing or drawing. It
wouldn't be so bad, but it makes the morning
rough when it's time to wake up. I guess that's
one of many perks to homeschooling, if it takes
them an hour to get out of bed then they won't
miss the bus or be late.


1 comment:

Shell in your Pocket said...

wow..reading is a good thing!!!
-sandy toes