Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cassie makes dinner

We've told the kids that we would like them to help with dinner at least one night a week. As I mentioned earlier, Mackenzie and Zack are excited about helping in the kitchen, but Cassie really doesn't show any interest. Now, Cassie did help in the kitchen over the holidays making fudge, cookies, and other treats.

Well, today I picked up Cassie and Mackenzie from Mackenzie's Brownie meeting and we went to the grocery store. At one point Cassie asked what was for dinner and I told her kielbasa and potatoes - which I had already pulled the meat out of the freezer, so I was doing good. As we walked down the aisle with the pasta Cassie says, "We should have baked ziti for dinner . . . and I can make it as my meal for the week tonight." Hello . . . the meat can be put in the fridge and saved for tomorrow night. So, as we drove home I called Jay and told him Cassie wanted to make baked ziti for dinner and maybe he could help her. As a crutch, I still have to have a recipe in front of me even though I may not use it at least I can refer to it.

So, when we got home we got the van unloaded and then Jay started helping Cassie. Letting her know what pots she would need to use. Jay helped guide her make the ziti and then we all sat down and ate dinner together . . . Grandma Karen was even home in time to eat with us.




Jay helped her get the sauce with all the cheese going so she had to stir quite a bit so it wouldn't burn.





Okay, in between and while she waited she became very slap happy and was dancing and singing around the kitchen.



Yeah . . . she made dinner!! See Cassie, it's not that hard to do. I can't wait till you make dinner next week.

No comments: