Saturday, December 19, 2009

Holiday Baking

Over the past few years, I have taken up the holiday baking.  I like to make all kinds of goodies to share with family, friends, neighbors, the mail carrier (who is a dear friend), the UPS driver (we miss our friendly driver - even if we didn't have a delivery he always honked when he passed the house!), and Rick (he delivered all those materials to our house that we delivered every weekend).  Last year, I really made a lot of goodies, even home made chocolate covered cherries, because we went home, were my roots began, to Missouri for the annual Moser Christmas Party. 

Well, this year I'm not baking as much.  We don't know our mail carrier, I haven't gotten to know the UPS or FED EX drivers, family is too far away, friends are few right now - still trying to get to know people, and we know the neighbors, but we don't KNOW the neighbors.  Hopefully next year we will have more people - friends and neighbors - to bake for. 



We are participating in a cookie exchange at our church this Sunday, so Mackenzie and I started (and finished) baking yesterday.  First we started out making these cute, well they looked cuter in the magazine than what ours turned out, candy cane almond cookies.  Then while she had some down time and played the Wii with Zack, I made mint chocolate truffle cake balls and buckeyes.  Last night we finished up by making mini pecan tarts.  Doesn't she look so cute in her apron and hat!!

I am looking forward to our cookie exchange.  I always love trying others baking delights.


1 comment:

Margot said...

I am going to need you to email me the truffle cake ball recipe! How about next year we do a cookie exchange via UPS! The girls would love to do that with you!