Thursday, December 24, 2009

Homesick Holiday

Look how nice the tree looks. We have been blessed with gifts from my family, Jay's family, and the DuMonds. Throughout the week, boxes have arrived through the postal system, UPS, and Fed Ex. Fed Ex has been here twice to make a delivery for my brother-in-law.  The kids asked for the wireless drum set for the Wii.  Well, their aunt and uncle got it for them (YEAH - thank you), BUT we forgot to tell them to get the set for Guitar Hero not Rock Band 2.  So, Jay took it back to Wal-Mart and they reordered the set.  Unfortunately, the second set arrived yesterday and it too was for Rock Band 2.  So, Jay has returned it and we hope we can find the wireless set for Wii Guitar Hero after Christmas.  So, the kids already know what they're getting from them. 

The UPS driver just delivered four large boxes from Ohio.
So we opened them up and put the presents under the tree . . .



  The tree looks so nice with all those presents under there.  The only problem is . . . with that many presents under our tree, that means there are that many individuals we will not be with this holiday season.  I really haven't thought about it much.  I just figured it would be just another Christmas even though we are in North Dakota and not with our family.
I mean we have each other - what else do we need???

To my surprise, when we opened up the boxes from Grandma & Grandpa Jackson, inside we found . . .


. . . our stockings!!  She sent a little bit of home to us.  You see, Karen has made each and everyone of the family members a stocking that is unique to them.  In the picture you have Jay- Dallas Cowboys, Me - Mickey (back side) & Minnie Mouse; Cassie - Christmas theme, Zack - trains, and Mackenzie - angels.   I have to say it made me cry when I saw them, and that is when I realized how much I will miss being home with family this Christmas. Thank you, Karen for sending the stockings, oh and the others gifts, too.  But the stockings mean a lot!!  We will definitely return them so you can fill them again next year. 

No comments: