Thursday, December 24, 2009

One Last Round of Sweet Treats

Mackenzie wanted to make chocolate covered pretzels the other day and we never got around to it.  Well, I realized this morning we needed to make cookies or some kind of treat for Santa Clause's visit tonight.  First we thought about making the traditional chocolate chip cookies, but then I asked what about Buckeyes?!  Obviously what ever we made there would be plenty left for us to eat . . . everyone voted for Buckeyes.

So, Mackenzie and even Zack helped make Buckeyes to share with Santa . . .







I am so glad I found a simple recipe.  I have never made these before because some of the recipes I came across called for ingredients I didn't have.  We always look forward to my sister-in-law's Buckeyes, but I figured since we are in ND and she is in OH it was time for me to figure out how to make them.  YEAH . . . now we don't have to wait for someone to make them for us!! They may not be too pretty, but they sure do taste pretty yummy!!

After we were done making the Buckeyes, Mackenzie wanted to make chocolate covered pretzels. 





She had a fun time making them and it even brought back a fond memory of making them and chocolate covered strawberries at her friends', Lindy & Paige, house. 

2 comments:

Angi said...

All I can think of looking at these is...YUM.

And where can I get some? :)

SURELY I can find some Buckeyes in this great state, even at Christmas, RIGHT?

The Jackson Juniors said...

What's your address?? My kids are looking for an excuse to make more!!