Monday, January 11, 2010

Family night fun . . .

Thursday of last week was very cold day.  I can't remember how cold it was, but I know none of us really wanted to go out, and we were in the mood for pizza.  Now, I also have to admit, after seeing some homemade pizzas on a friend's blog, we were inspired to make our own.  Okay, we have made pizzas before by using already made crust in some form or another or even pizza dough in a box.  It never really tastes good.  

Well, the other day I broke out the bread maker and made a loaf of homemade bread, so why not make homemade pizza dough.  Believe it or not it turned out pretty tasty, but it was a little denser than we like.  It had good flavor as I added cheeses and seasoning. 

After it was done in the bread maker, it was time for Jay to roll and shape the crust . . .




Mackenzie and Zack got to oil the edges of the crust and then Jay spread the homemade pizza sauce - a new recipe we tried, not too sure if we really liked it so if anyone has an awesome homemade pizza sauce they'd like to share, please pass it along!!



Then the kids got to add the toppings.  Mackenzie, Jay & I love a Hawaiian flavor pizza with Canadian bacon and pineapple.  Zack went for mushrooms and Cassie had her fave pepperoni.


Cassie wasn't too excited that she had to put her own toppings on, but if she wanted pepperoni then she had to make her side of the pie!!


Jay supervised the making of the pizzas and they turned out pretty tasty.  The kids said they were probably their favorite homemade pizzas we've made, but there's still something about chain restaurant pizza. 


Well after our family fun making pizzas, Jay decided to join the girls and play Monopoly.  Zack chilled and played his DS while Chloe took her snooze behind the couch. 

Let me just say, about the Monopoly game, Jay taught the kids how to play - now I'm not a fan of the game - and he created a monster with the little one!!  The first game he played with Cassie he forgot to tell her that buying the properties was an important aspect of the game - so she started buying late and well, lost that game to her dad.  Mackenzie had observed them play a couple of times so she basically knew the strategy of the game. 
She is RUTHLESS!!! 

Funny story . . . Mackenzie and Zack were playing the other day, you know it is actually a good game to use for math skills/class (lol), anyway early in the game Zack asked about buying some real estate from Mackenzie, here is that dialouge . . .

Zack:  How much would you sell Vermont for?
Mackenzie:  I'm sorry that's not for sale at this time.
Zack:  Come on, you'll make some money.
Mackenzie:  I'm sorry that's not for sale at this time.
Zack:  How much?
Mackenzie:  I'm sorry that's not for sale at this time.
Zack:  H . .
Mackenzie:  I'm sorry that's not for sale at this time.
                  . . . I'm sorry that's not for sale at this time.

Anyway, she was not going to sell and I kid you not that was her approach the whole game.  Guess who won . . . Ruthless I tell you, ruthless!!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Your pizzas look yummy! Can't beat family night :)

Angi said...

I just looked at those pizzas, said "oooooo!", turned to Charlie and said, "Want to make homemade pizzas for family night this Saturday." I got a nod.
Thanks for the inspiration!! We rented "The Tale of Desperaux" and now I'm all excited for pizzas and a movie!