Monday, July 5, 2010

Favorite Fair Food @ home

We, okay me more than some, love funnel cakes.  It is always something I look forward to getting at the fair.  Love that ‘not good for you’ fair food!!!  If you live in Columbus and frequent the zoo, you know you don’t have to attend a fair to get funnel cakes or fried Oreos.  They sell them right there in the main entrance area, but only this time of the year not in the dead of winter. 

Well, we obviously don’t live in C-bus anymore so I’m missing my funnel cake fix about now. 

DSCF6553

I have had a funnel cake recipe for some time, but just haven’t tried making it.  Well, the other night we gave it a shot and they turned out pretty good.  It’s amazing how simple they are to make and how few the ingredients, which makes me wonder why they cost so darn much at the fair!!

‘Not good for you’ fair food no more.  Now I can have it anytime I feel like heating up a skillet of oil.  Which won’t be that often, but who knows maybe once a month we should do a ‘not good for you’ fair feast.  HMMMM . . . there’s a thought.

No comments: