Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

One of our favorite sweets is this so delicious banana bread, but it is not just any ordinary banana bread.  It reminds me of a banana split with its multitude of flavors.  I found the recipe in one of my mom’s cookbooks years ago, and I jotted it down on a piece of scrap paper.

It is a simple recipe and one of the best ways to use up those over ripe bananas . . . in a big mixing bowl with potato masher mash 3-4 bananas, add 3/4 c. soft butter and mash together, 1 1/2 c. sugar, 3 eggs mash together then add 3 c. flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1-10 oz jar of cherries drained and using 1/4 c. of the cherry juice, and then 6 oz chocolate chips.  Stir it all together so it is mixed well.  Then divide between two greased bread pans and bake for 45-60 min. in a 350 degree oven. 

DSCF6705 DSCF6706 DSCF6708

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can send some my way!!! Mom