Monday, December 27, 2010

Birthday happenings

This post is well overdue . . . Zack celebrated his 13th birthday a couple of weeks ago.  Yes, we celebrated it earlier, but we still like to make the actual day all about him.  He had presents from my side of the family still to open too.

He had his birthday meal – all foods he requested – which included chicken, creamed spinach, stuffing, and mashed potatoes and gravy.  This year I didn’t make him a cake – he’s not really a cake eater, but LOVES pumpkin pie so I made him a pumpkin pie.  I did end up buying a cake at the store just for those of us that wanted cake not pie.

100_2117

100_2118

I wanted to catch his expression when he opened his card from Mackenzie.  Now, she didn’t pick it out, but Kassi did with Mackenzie in mind.  It was a HUGE hit – he laughed so hard.

100_2123

100_2124

A last minute gift from us was one of his latest favorite movies to watch, ‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.’

100_2126

He made a wish list on Target.com and my mom was able to shop online and ship it directly to us.  What an easy way to shop!  He was excited to get some new Legos.

100_2135

I think all in all, it was pretty painless – at least for me – for him becoming a teenager.  I believe he feels the same way. 

No comments: