Friday, December 10, 2010

What is that . . .

We got our first little accumulation of snow.  We woke up this morning with some of the schools in the Central Ohio area with two hour delays because they got a lot more.  Anyway, the kids – well two of the three – were excited to see the white fluffy stuff.

I was a little on the dislike side since I had to drive downtown and I wasn’t sure how traffic or the road conditions were.  But I have to say the roads were clear – probably because of the road prep yesterday with the striping of the deicer being proactive instead of reactive. 

DSCF8436

DSCF8438

DSCF8439

DSCF8441

Zack & Kenzie had fun this morning tossing snowballs.  By late afternoon – when their snow boots arrived via UPS – it was just wet and muddy outside.

DSCF8442

You would never know we got snow overnight because by midday it was all gone (I’d take/share a picture, but my camera is broke and apparently it is cheaper to buy a new one than to get it fixed, UGH!!).  The temps were seasonably warm by the time I headed out around fourish – Kassi even said it seemed like it had warmed up. 

So, now we wait to see what this next front brings over the weekend.  Hopefully not too much – at least my father-in-law is prepared with the generator, so more than likely (hopefully) it will be nothing.

No comments: