Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Cassie!!!

Well, fifteen years ago today, and eleven days late I might add, Cassaundra Taylor Jackson was born.  She weighed in at 7 lbs. 11 oz. and became known as our baby Big Gulp!! 



This is to you, my darling daughter,
We were so excited about our new roles as parents even though we had no idea what to expect.  Those first few days, I mean weeks, okay really months were more work than I think either one of us had ever imagined.  Being first time parents, we didn't know what to do with every little cry, wimper, sigh, or gurgle, but we figured it out.  There were some memorable moments for your father and I, and over the years we have shared those stories with you.  Hopefully we haven't scarred you - LOL!  It is hard to believe that today you are 15, but it is a joyous moment.  I have watched you blossom into a beautiful young woman and I am very proud of you.  You have this wit about you, yet you are very grounded and have a good head on your shoulders.  I don't worry about the choices you will make in these fun-filled teenage years because I know you know in your heart what it is to be wholesome and you will make the right choices.  I hope you have an awesome year as you look forward to the next milestone in your life.  I love you very much.
Love, Mom


Bubba,
        Fifteen years ago, my life changed. I became a father for the first time. I did not know what I was doing and I did not know how I would take care of a new life. There are times even now, fifteen years later that I still don’t know what I am doing, or how I will take care of you, but all I have to do is look into your eyes as I did when you were brand new, and I know that I will figure it out.
      Cassaundra, you have brought joy to an empty life. You have brought life into a mundane existence. Your life enriches all other lives that you touch. I will still continue to make mistakes as your dad, but I will never make a mistake by loving you. Your first fifteen years have gone by quickly, but they have produced quite a young lady: A beautiful young adult with a faith only matched by her personality. You are a blessing to this family, and if I ever do let you date, you will be a blessing to a significant other as well.
      May your next 15 years be as happy and fulfilling as your first fifteen have been. Never lose the desire to try new things and continue to grow in your appetite for knowledge. Happy Birthday to you, but even more so, happy birthday to us. We are the happy ones on this day, because we get to say you are our daughter.

I love you,
Dad

Today we celebrate and reflect on birthdays past . . .





Where has the time gone????








HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BUBBA!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday, Cassie! WOW! 15!! Have a great one :)

Aunt Janet said...

Happy Birthday, Cassie from your Great Aunt Janet!!! Have a great one!!! Eat a piece of cake for me!!