Monday, March 29, 2010

Just a little tease of warmer weather

Well, it is such a nice day. This morning on our way home from the hospital (I had an echocardiogram), Jay mentioned it was suppose to be a high of 70 degrees today and the kids would probably want to be outside. Then he continued to inform me that by Thurs., it is suppose to only be in the forties. It didn't take me long to decide to cancel school. We haven't had very many nice days around here, and we all have cabin fever so bad. Plus, I still wanted to take some time to rest and try to get some of the things done that I didn't get done over the weekend.

So, when we got home around 9:45 a.m., the kids were scrambling to get their school ottomans out and get school started. Of course, I had to play the mom/teacher, "you mean you haven't started school, yet?!" You see school starts around here at 9:30 a.m. Well, of course they were thinking what to say. Of course Mackenzie said, "We just realized what time it was." How funny. They heard the garage door and probably realized then what time it was. Well, anyway, I told them it was a good thing they hadn't started because school was cancelled for today. They of course started thanking their dad, but he was quick to let them know it was my idea.

We've done a few things around the house - laundry, cleaning and reorganizing the garage, making our lists for what to pack, and mentally packing. But most of all, the kids have spent some quality time outside.

They decided to take Jay's wagon and ride it down the same hill the sledded down . . .



















I took pictures of the girls and then decided it would be best served with video. I thought too that Zack would be the one that would either wipe out or end up in one of the many doggie poop piles . . .



. . . but he did not. Well, it was still fun to watch.

No comments: