Saturday, March 13, 2010

Is that what the sun looks like???

Well, yesterday we finally saw the sun.  We haven't seen the sun much lately - I was beginning to think we were back in Ohio.  We've been covered with fog, dreary gray sky, and NO sun!!  They said the other day, that this is a record, having fog for 53 days.  Some mornings we'd wake up to a thick fog that would thin out over the morning and just leave dreary gray skies or we'd wake up to a little bit of fog and then it would move in and become a thick soupy fog for the greater part of the day.  It's been very yuky and apparently way out of the normal.  As many have said, this is just "weird" weather.  We keep telling people it is because we are here. 


Two days ago we woke to fresh new snow and snow flurries on and off all day. YUK!!!  I have to say what has amazed me is the amount of snow that has melted even though we have only been in the high 20s and the sun isn't shining continuously during the daytime hours.  But of course, with that melting snow comes MUD, another huge YUK!!  During the snow season (which I'm not even sure it is over, yet), the snow was so deep in our driveway I had gotten stuck a few times.  Well, when our driveway was a pool of mud, I was just waiting to get stuck.  You see, I'm sure there will be a point during this melting season (I would like to call the 'mud season') that I or Jay will get stuck in our driveway. 


The last two days, the mud has been covered with that fresh new layer of snow, but it was not just snow it had become a snowy muddy slush.  Luckily, we didn't get stuck, but there was plenty of slipping and sliding in the driveway as we would turn into it and then into the garage area.  Now, yesterday there was a truck that came out to get the unused 500 gallon propane tank and on his way out, backing out, he got stuck at the mouth of our driveway.  What worries me is if that big massive heavy truck can get stuck in our muddy driveway, what about my 'mom' vehicle, or maybe that is why he got stuck because he was big and heavy.  I don't know.  All I do know is every where that is not paved or concreted is just a muddy mess!!  Even our church parking lot is just a swamp of mud!


Well, anyway, yesterday we finally saw the sun!!!  It was such a pleasant sight and the kids decided to take advantage of the warmth and sunshine and go out to play for a little bit.  You see, yesterday, they had the day off of school because Cassie's birthday is Sunday, and the house rule is if your birthday doesn't fall on a school day then you get to pick which day to cancel school because we do NOT do school on birthdays.  Forget being the star student for the week or the day, we just flat out CANCEL school for a day!





Yes, I know there is still A LOT of snow on the ground.  Now it has become somewhat soft and slushy, Cassie's foot/leg got stuck deep within.  I'm not sure if we will see the yard until we get back from Ohio.  I'm hoping that the snow is all but gone when we get back and it would be even nicer if the mud has dried up too, but I've been told not to get my hopes up.

1 comment:

Jennifer James said...

Glad you guys are seeing a little sunshine! Hoping the snow is gone soon!
We are very ready for spring here!