Friday, November 26, 2010

Decorating Dilemma

It’s time to decorate for the holiday season, BUT there’s one problem.  All our Christmas decorations are in North Dakota.  So, when I found this at the thrift store I thought it was quite fitting for us this year . . .

DSCF8287

No, the picture is not upside down.  This is the perfect tree for us this year – an upside down Christmas tree as our holiday will be upside down.  We will (we already do) miss Jay and being away from him has been a little harder than I thought it would be.  

DSCF8282

When Jay came for his pre-holiday visit, he brought us some stockings.  I collect stockings.  I have no idea how many I have, but I like to decorate all around the house with them.  I will miss that this year. 

Then the day when we took Jay back to the airport we decided to check out the thrift store.  Which I am so glad we did.  My in-laws had offered one of their trees and decorations for us to use, but with this holiday just not the same – being in two different states – I wasn’t even sure I wanted to put up a tree.  I definitely didn’t want a big one since this Christmas just won’t be the same.

DSCF8289

Anyway, I was able to find this gem at the thrift store for only $9.99 – still had tags on it, sold at Wal-Mart for $25.99.  Jay is sending us a few of our ornaments to adorn it, so we’ll have a little bit of our own.  I also found that adorable – working – Winnie the Pooh at the thrift store for only $4.99.  What great finds!!

No comments: