Monday, November 22, 2010

WOW . . .

Well, I took some time this afternoon and went out on my own to do a little Christmas shopping.  You see finances are a little tight this year and we have some major things coming up that we need to save for (one is going to need braces, just to start with).  Anyway, we had talked with the kids and they know how tight things have been the past year so we knew they would be okay and understand.  So, we talked about different options and I think we have settled on getting our gifts the thriftiest way we know how . . . at the thrift stores.

So, today I shopped a couple of thrift stores and found a couple of things the kids have been asking for – awesome!!  Of course, I have to check out the baby sections with our latest nephew’s arrival.  I have two baby boys to find things for this Christmas.  Anyway, I can’t forget about my only niece, too.

Well, I can’t pass up a good – I mean REALLY good – deal.  I visited the local Goodwill store and look what I got for $6.98 – and yes, that includes tax.

DSCF8290

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 . . . five adorable pieces of clothing that look brand new and the plaid dress is Osh Kosh and the other four pieces are all BabyGap.  But wait,

DSCF8291

6 – I also got this adorable Carter’s still with tag for my 5 1/2 month old nephew.

I am excited about our Christmas because I think if I just use the next few weeks to find things, there will be presents all around.

No comments: