Monday, November 29, 2010

Music to my ears

A nice thing about being at grandma’s house, at least at Grandma Karen’s house is the encouragement and teaching of music.  The kids are really getting into their various instruments.  Matter of fact, as I am typing this I can hear Kassi strumming the guitar.

How many instruments can three play?  Well, lets add them up . . . two violins, two flutes, a guitar, a trumpet, a snare drum, and a clarinet.  Apparently, if you play an instrument in a certain family you can pick up another in that same family.  At least that is what I have gathered.  I have to admit I love to hear them play the piano (the keyboard right now) and all their instruments.  I really enjoy listening to them play something together.

Well, yesterday Grandma gave them some music they can all play a part of. 

DSCF8300

Before getting started, Grandma showed Zack the trumpet part and went over a few things with him.

DSCF8305

The girls had been practicing off and on all day, so they were getting a little farther than Zack.

DSCF8303

So, then Grandma directed them through a section.  They sounded pretty good together.  Just need a little more practice.

DSCF8308

Then Zack decided he could play the percussion part easier than the trumpet.  So he switched instruments and Grandma played the trumpet. 

DSCF8309

As I am finishing up this post, Kassi has moved in to the music room and she is playing the keyboard (in place of the piano that is in ND). 

Keep on playing . . .

No comments: