Monday, August 16, 2010

You have go to be kidding . . .

I just want to go back to bed and start this day over!!

I got up had my coffee and breakfast.  Good.  Graded Cassie’s geography and science tests and she got good grades on both.  Good.  Now she’s on break till mid Sept. when we are back together.  Good.  Was having a pleasant morning conversation on the phone with my mom.  Good.

Then it happened.

I was talking with my mom when Jay made a bizarre comment that grabbed my attention . . .

“They even pee together.” He was referring to how the horses seem to do everything together. 

As I got up from my chair at the kitchen table and turned to see what he was referring to outside I jammed my toe into the chair next to me. 

My mom was telling  me something – which to be honest I have no clue what she was telling me because I was silently screaming.  The kids were watching me hobble around, eyes tearing up, and still silently screaming as they kept asking me if I was okay.  I was nodding them off and then finally I verbally said ‘yes.’  About the time my mom asked what was going on and I made the outloud statement, “I think I broke my toe.”  She asked me what was going on and I briefly explained that I thought I jammed my toe but it was no longer parallel with my other toes so I was pretty sure I broke it.

I got off the phone quickly.  Showered and got ready faster than I ever have. Then Jay took me to the walk-in clinic where the doctor confirmed I have broken my pinky toe. 

DSCF7031

Here is my new footwear because I broke my toe at such an angel the regular doctor could not just set it and tape it to the other toes.

DSCF7032

DSCF7033

These pictures show it somewhat.  If you notice my toes on my right foot are all closely nestled together which is how the toes on my left foot were prior to this morning’s accident.  Now my pinky on my left foot is “hanging out in left field” as the doctor so kindly put it.  Which is why Jay & I thought it was just dislocated.  However, it is so broke I have been referred to a podiatrist because it will more than likely have to be surgically pinned to set it.

Now do you see why I would like to go back to bed and start this day over?!?!?!?! 

Oh well, for now I will sit around with my foot elevated and iced.  I am scheduled to go to the podiatrist tomorrow morning and the doctor from today’s visit has advised me to fast tonight just in case the podiatrist can do the surgery tomorrow.  I sure hope they can so I can get it over with!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I hope things go better for you today! That stinks!

Jennifer James said...

Hope you heal quickly!!!!!