Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hmmmm . . .

Okay, we have had some very pleasant weather during our trip which has been very comforting.  We so needed to get away from the North Dakota chill and regroup. Our first winter in ND was a little bit more than we bargained for. The kids and I are so use to be able to go go go even in the winter months.  To our surprise we found ourselves cooped up with no where to go during our first winter in ND. We, me definitely,  were so hoping by the time we returned to ND that winter would be in the back seat and spring would be front and center.
While we have been gone, Jay has had snow twice while we were basking in the true spring weather – sunny, warm and breezy – of Ohio and Iowa.  We return to North Dakota this week and I am not looking forward to the upcoming forecast.
Tomorrow, when we leave Iowa here is the forecast:
CB – high of 68 degrees with winds ESE 15-25 mph
Bismarck – high of 39 degrees with winds E 10-20 mph with a precipitation mix of rain and SNOW
REALLY . . . can I not catch a break.  I have had the pleasure of pleasant weather and now I have to return to that crap!!  Maybe I should go back to Picktown where the forecast tomorrow is a high of 72 degrees with winds WNW 10-15 mph. 
Oh well, back to the grind and miserable weather of ND.  Hopefully, the weather fairy will soon realize people are in better moods when the springy weather blooms.  I am hoping I don’t have to drive in too much crap to get to the house. 

1 comment:

Laura said...

SNOW?? Really? Ugh. I feel for you. I'm praying for your safe travel.