Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Our Trip West

After eighteen days in Ohio, not enough time, we headed west.  We traveled 700+ miles in 10.5 hours to our destination.  It was pretty much a pleasant and easy drive until we were still a little east of Des Moines.  
This is what I was looking at south of me . . .
DSCF5306
and then this is what I was looking at to the north of me . . .
DSCF5308
After a short time, I was in the midst of this . . .
DSCF5318
DSCF5320
Thankfully, it wasn’t very long and not too horrible.  We stopped quickly at the rest area once we were ahead of the storm. 
DSCF5321
With the stormy skies behind us, the skies ahead were spectacular with the sun shining.
DSCF5325
DSCF5330
We made it safely to our destination where we will stay with family before we head north to finally see the most important man in our lives.

No comments: