. . . for such a great time!! We had such a great time being home. It’s hard to believe that the 35 days went by so fast (okay, maybe not so fast for Jay). It was truly amazing how we could just jump right back into things and it was like we had not been gone for seven months.
Let’s recap our 35 day vacay or field trip:
* time with family – we actually saw 31 relatives (aunts, uncles, cousins, & grandparents – a great grandma too)
* time with friends – more than we could count
* 3 minor league baseball games
* made 3 cakes (2 baby shower & 1 birthday)
* baby shower
* birthday celebrations
* Learning Tree co-op pizza party & showcase
* Mock-Tween gathering
* overnight with friends
* hangin’ out with friends
* a weekday matinee at 1:30 p.m.
* dinners with friends
* Park play dates
* Skate park fun
* Eating at some of our fave eateries (Boston Market, Fazoli’s, Chipotle, Panera, Steak n’ Shake, Bob Evans, Krispy Kreme)
* Thrift store shopping – end of the month 50% off sale!!
* Shopping at some of our fave retailers, especially Bed Bath & Beyond
* visiting old church families
* soccer game
Believe it or not, we still didn’t see everyone we would have liked to see, we didn’t eat at all the places we would have liked to have, we didn’t get to shop at all the places (missed Trader Joe’s & Whole Foods) we wanted to shop, and we didn’t stay as long as we would have liked. Three of us made it back to Biz while Cassie negotiated and found a way to spend her summer working at the zoo, staying with family, and hanging out with friends.
We just want to thank all those who made us feel like we had never left home. Thank you for the great get togethers, great food, hospitality, love, kindness, and just being an important part of our lives.