Sunday, May 30, 2010

Making Breakfast – together, sort of

The other morning Mackenzie and Zack worked together to make their own breakfast.  Mackenzie makes wonderful scrambled eggs – matter of fact I think the guys like them better than the ones I make and that’s okay. 

The other morning Zack actually asked for chocolate chip pancakes and I told him he is old enough to make his own breakfast.  There are some mornings I make breakfast for all, but then there are others that each has to or is expected to fend for themselves. 

I’m not sure why, but I find myself doing more for Zack than I do for the girls.  Maybe it’s because he’s a boy and really has no interest in being in the kitchen, maybe he’s just a little lazy when it comes to making his own breakfast, but usually when he asks and I say he can do it himself he’ll opt for a quick bowl of cereal.  Well, on this particular morning, Mackenzie offered to show him how to make his own pancakes. 

She started from the beginning and had him help get the pan, the butter and the ingredients for the pancakes – a premade mix that only water has to be added to.

DSCF5916

DSCF5910

DSCF5911

DSCF5912

Zack was good about helping with the prep, but once the pancakes were in the pan he was off and Mackenzie was left to finish. 

DSCF5913

DSCF5914

She did a nice job of fixing breakfast for the two of them.  I am very proud of her willingness to do things for herself and others. 

No comments: